Thursday, March 10, 2005

Big Head Pictures!

Welcome to my new blog.

Back story:

When my brother and I were kids, our favorite thing to do was to jump and hop on our parent's bed. (Eventually, as we got bigger, they got us a trampoline so we wouldn't break their bed, smart parents that they are!)

When jumping, we noticed that the lamps reflected our shadows on the wall, making us look way bigger than we actually were. Especially our heads. Our heads were huge.
So, being the 4 and 5 year olds we were we thought that was hilarious and started shouting "BIG HEAD! BIG HEAD!" whenever we jumped and saw our inflated craniums shadowed on the wall.

Big Head. It's just kind of funny.

So, it's been a family joke for years to take Big Head pictures. We have lots of them.

The rules are startlingly simple:

Your big fat head (and as a family, big fat heads are not in short supply with us) needs to be the focal point of the picture. It's best if your big fat head is posed with a large, recognizable monument, landmark, mountain or planet that looks smaller than your big fat head. Your big fat head should take up the majority of the frame, with something interesting behind. We need something to compare your big fat head with.

Get it? I'll be posting a Big Head picture every day or so. For starters, they will mostly be of me, or people I know. But I am sure you will get the idea pretty fast. Once you get the Big Head Mojo, send me your pictures of your big fat head, and I will post them if they pass Big Head muster. Just tell me who's big fat head it is (I am not picky about species of big head, by the way) and what it is posed with. (If you send anything OTHER than a big head picture, something with a FACE, not only will it be unceremoniously trashed, but you will also go to Blogger Hell and nasty karma will follow you forever until you die. So there, Karla does not brook naughtiness.)

Send them to me at:
karlagodwoman at yahoo dot com

Go take pictures! The world is waiting for your Big Fat Head!

No comments: